Art lessons in Los Angeles usually offered by way of a 4-year college or master's degree programs. Many colleges and universities, including California State University-Los Angeles and the University of Southern California, offers art classes in the Los Angeles area.
California State University-Los Angeles is part of the school system, the largest university system (CSU) in the country. 4-year public University provides a variety of classes through undergraduate and graduate art programs.
1) Bachelor of Arts in Art. This course allows the student to focus on one of the six fields of study, including animation, past art history, art education and art studio. Despite the fact that students focus on one field of the art, comprehensive program that allows all of them to take classes that use media art just a few. The Program covers the fundamentals, 2-dimensional images, statues, paintings, the composition of life as well as modern art.
2) Master of Arts. This is a degree in art education, art history, studio, graphic design or even fashion and textiles. 2-year Program provides students with advanced lessons that build on the foundation of the work is provided in an undergraduate program. Classes include artistic concept development, world of art, artistic perception and color theory, illustration and criticism.
3) Master Artst smooth. This is of course, provided with a concentration in graphic design or art studio, offers a course that discusses the application of reasonable artistic techniques. Compared with MA, MFA programs allow students to get more experience with specific topics. The Program involves the process of digital imaging, conflicts and solutions in the design of artistic, sophisticated illustration and typography.
The University of Southern California is the country's oldest exclusive research University. More than fifty percent of the 35,000 USC students who enroll in graduate or professional level. The University offers 17 degree programs through the College of education and facilities, such as USC Roski School of Fine Arts.
1) Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art. This is a 4 year course provides students with a thorough understanding of the art. Elective courses allow students to dabble in a variety of Arts, while main courses introduce students to art history, theory and application ideas. The Program consists of fundamental design, visual literacy, contemporary art, theory along with pictures of the base.
2) Bachelor of Fine Arts. This provides more intensive curriculum by focusing on specific areas. Students are involved in many art studio classes and found artistic ability through seminars and internships with community programs, museums and related organizations. Courses in the program BFA consists of sculptures, drawing criticism, narration, digital production and also 3D ideas.
3) Master of Fine Arts. Students in this program learn about advanced capabilities through the studio-based training, lectures, seminars and community art projects. Each year, only 16 students who are accepted into the MFA program, so students get sufficient attention from teachers. MFA requires 48 credits and can be completed in 2 years. Students can take courses in the interdisciplinary study of artistic, art theory and criticism and the study of the individual. Students must go to many seminars as well as a forum for artistic courses and completing a thesis project on the 2nd year.
4) Master public art Studies. This course specializes in the role of art in society and public organization. Students in the deal only with art from the perspective of culture, society and history and studied to analyze the artistic ideas of the public. Specific courses include classes in contemporary art in the context of the community and artistic trends in public places. USC also offers dual-degree programs for people interested in the study of public art and urban planning.